Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bitter and Sweet


What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
~Pericles

We spent all day yesterday doing yard work on my parents' half acre overlooking Cowichan Bay in preparation for selling it. A few years ago, my Dad had their huge (and rotting inside) maple tree cut down and hauled away. Years before, my Mom had placed a wooden birdhouse high on its trunk, out of reach of naughty kitties. We uncovered that birdhouse yesterday. It is still there, at the base of the stump, now a home to ivy....

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find! Maybe you can put it up in one of your trees at home now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the place it had now and with the ivy around...looks so save.

    (Although, as a geocacher I can tell you ivy = cobweb and much dust.)

    ReplyDelete