Sunday, July 15, 2012

Memorial Guest Book

Well, it's never a great job making these.  In fact we are recycling this memorial book.  My husband's Mother passed away this week and we are using his Dad's book.

For the technical aspects... I cut off the ribbon to unbind the book, created the additional pages and went to rebind the book.  Uh-oh.  I don't have any more of that ribbon and we have to be on the road in a few minutes...  Tim Holtz Distress stains to the rescue.  I'm just doing this post while I wait for the ribbon to dry...  Between Tea Dye and Frayed Burlap, I got a good match - better than the original.

Here is the original book

And here is the lettering


Thanks to Therese.  She and Jean-Marie did a wonderful job with seven beautiful, intelligent children.  I was lucky enough to marry one of her sons.  There is no question, she can rest in peace.

Thanks for stopping by.  Suzanne

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear. Sounds like she had a good life.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francie (Montreal)July 16, 2012 at 4:04 AM

    Condolences to you and your husband. Hope the memories provide a tad of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. May she have eternal rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Please accept my sincere sympathies. On another note, great job on the book. Necessity eh! the mother of invention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, So sorry about your loss-hugs

    ReplyDelete