I just love burgundy and gold for the Christmas season. I also love scrolls. So here is a bit of a combination of the two.
- Core’dinations Burgundy, Rouge, Heartfelt, Raspberry, Poinsettia
- Fancy Pants Gold Foiled Paper
Ribbon: May Arts 1mm metallic gold cordOther: Mini-Mister, tweezers
- Form a tent-fold card base from burgundy cardstock measuring 7.5" x 5.75". Cut gold panel measuring 6.75" x 5.25". Cut strip 12" wide x 5"high. If you cut this strip with grain short it will make your life easier later!! (That is so the grain is parallel to the short side of the strip.)
- Die cut Believe from the center of the 12" wide strip. Die cut Believe from 4 different coloured coordinating cardstocks and from gold. Lay out each set of your die cut pieces on their own sheet of white paper to help keep them separated.
- Cut a piece of lightweight cardstock (any colour, as it will be hidden) to approximately 6" x 4" and apply adhesive across the middle portion where you will piece the word and counterspaces.
- Lay down the gold Believe die cut in the middle of the adhesive and fit in the counterspaces from the other colours like a puzzle. (A pair of tweezers might help.) Apply adhesive around the edges of the inlaid cardstock and adhere it in position behind the 12" strip so it fills the hole.
- Lightly spritz the edges of the 12" strip with water and gently roll the edges towards the middle. (If you've cut the strip so the grain is parallel to the short side of the panel, the edges will start to curl on their own with light spritzing!) Use a Glue Dot to hold the curl in position while you repeat with the other side.
- Adhere the rolled panel to the gold panel. Pierce holes as shown in the photo and wrap gold cord around the "scroll" to the back and secure with tape. Adhere gold panel to card base with foam adhesive.
Thanks for stopping by!