Quietfire Hello Cutting Die
Michaels Recollections cardstock
Tombow Stamp Runner
Tombow Foam Squares
- Form a 7" x 5" card base using Co'ordinations cardstock. Cut a turquoise panel to 6.5" x 4-3/8". Die cut Hello from light and dark turquoise cardstock. Keep track of the counterspaces! You'll use them.
- Cut 2 panels measuring approximately 7 x 5" from light and dark purple smooth cardstocks. Die cut Hello from the center of both panels one at a time and stack the cut out panels so the die cuts line up exactly. Don't worry, these will be trimmed later so the outside edges don't need to line up.
- Hold or use removable tape to keep these two pieces together and cut with an xacto knife across where the middle of the word would be. Set the bottom of the light purple and the top of the dark purple aside. (You can make another card with these!)
- Cut a piece of lightweight cardstock (any colour, as it will be hidden) to approximately 8" x 6" and apply adhesive across the middle portion where you will piece the word and counterspaces.
- Lay down Hello in the middle of the adhesive and fit in the counterspaces from the dark turquoise Hello. (A pair of tweezers might help with the counterspace of the e.) Apply adhesive to the backs of the purple cardstock cuts and position them around the outside of Hello.
- Trim this purple panel and backing to 6.25" x 4". Mount with stamp runner to the turquoise panel and attach all layers to the card base with foam squares as shown.
Happy die cutting! Suzanne